Cheyenne, Wyoming Climate & Temperature
- Cheyenne, Wyoming, Usa is at 41°8'N, 104°49'W, 1869 m (6132 ft). See map.
- Cheyenne, Wyoming has a mid-latitude steppe/ semi-arid cool climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: BSk).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Cheyenne, Wyoming is situated in or near the cool temperate steppe biome.
- The average annual temperature is 7.6 degrees Celsius (45.7 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 23.5 °C (42.3°F). This indicates that the continentality type is continental, subtype subcontinental.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 384 mm (15.1 inches) which is equivalent to 384 Litres/m² (9.42 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2899 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Cheyenne, Wyoming you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Amsterdam Island, French Southern Lands where you would find a Marine west coast climate.
Cheyenne, Wyoming Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Cheyenne, Wyoming Climate Graph in Metric Units
Cheyenne, Wyoming Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Cheyenne, Wyoming, Usa Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Casper, Wy, Usa - 239.1 kms (148.6 miles) NW
- Chugwater, Wy, Usa - 95.7 kms (59.5 miles) N
- Pathfinder Dam, Wy, Usa - 204.7 kms (127.2 miles) WNW
- Laramie, Wy, Usa - 74.4 kms (46.2 miles) WNW
- Fort Collins, Co, Usa - 66.7 kms (41.5 miles) SSW
- Steamboat Springs, Co, Usa - 185 kms (115 miles) WSW
- Denver, Colorado, Usa - 153.8 kms (95.6 miles) S
- Hay Springs, Ne, Usa - 254.5 kms (158.2 miles) NE
- Hot Springs, Sd, Usa - 254.5 kms (158.2 miles) NE
- Lusk, Wy, Usa - 181.8 kms (113 miles) N
- Alliance, Ne, Usa - 195.3 kms (121.3 miles) ENE
- Scottsbluff, Ne, Usa - 128.9 kms (80.1 miles) NE
- Kimball, Ne, Usa - 70.5 kms (43.8 miles) ESE
- Lodgepole, Ne, Usa - 153.2 kms (95.2 miles) E
- Imperial, Ne, Usa - 236.7 kms (147.1 miles) E
- Fort Morgan, Co, Usa - 131.7 kms (81.9 miles) SE
- Colorado Springs Ap, Co, Usa - 259.6 kms (161.3 miles) S